The NGO Comunidad Tawantinsuyu, legalized in January 2002 and located in Lima, Perú, is a non-profit organization, mainly dedicated to the research, preservation, diffusion and practice of the Andean Ancestral knowledge and of Traditional Medicine.
The symbol of the NGO is an “engraving on granite rock in NYI, in the lower Piraparaná in Colombia, and it is obviously very ancient. In this point of the river the rapids are in the Equator of the Earth, a vertical zone in relation to the movement of the constellations. It is said that this turbulent zone of the river was where Father Sun married with Woman Earth to create the first Tukanos. The Indians interpret the triangular face as a vagina and the human figure as a winged phallus”. (Plants of the Gods, Origin of the use of hallucinogens, page 127).
According to the Tukano, it also symbolizes the moment when the natives receive the Sacred Plant “Caapi” (Ayahuasca). This petroglyph is situated in the equatorial line where mankind had its origins
“Share who we are”
“Returning the Medicine back to the People”
Contribute in the integral development of the human being, based on the wisdom of our Ancestors, in the integral principles of sustainability and the new concepts of Intercultural Health.
Promote the sustainable development of Native People, contributing to the evolution of healthier and harmonious human groups, reconnecting with their roots and therefore with nature.
- study, recovery and preservation of Traditional Medicine
- defense of the cultural and spiritual values of the native and rural communities
- study, rebuilding and revaluation of archaeological sites
- study, recovery and implementation of ecological agriculture
- protection and preservation of the Ecology and the Environment
- research, preservation and diffusion of all cultural and artistic expressions
- promotion of the development of medicinal plants, aromatic herbs, native food and handicraft
Board of Directors
- President: Agustin Guzmán
- Director: Victoria Guzmán